ok so for this craft you will need
1. 1 round form Styrofoam or cardboard
2. Black duct tape or black electrical tape
3. Cheesecloth, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
4. Fabric stiffener
5. Googly eyes
1. Cut a 3in. piece of tape and place it on the form as the background for the eyes.
2. Pour the fabric stiffener into a bowl. Dip one strip of cheesecloth into the liquid.
Using your fingers, wrap the wet cheesecloth around the form, keeping some of the wrinkles don't forget to leave some of the folds because they add character to the mummies.
3. Repeat this process until the mummy’s head is covered except for the eye area. Place cheesecloth between the eyes this will define the space for the eye sockets and gives the mummies more personality. Build up the surface of the brow by adding smaller, folded pieces of cheesecloth.
4. Add eyes by applying a few dots of glue to the back of the googly eyes.
i found this one on the reader's digest website have fun!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Posted by yearofthericeball at 12:00 PM